Loren, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients.
17897874

My Suv was broken into and my factory rims and tires were

Customer Question

My Suv was broken into and my factory rims and tires were stolen from the inside....insurance company is saying thathat is personal property even thought they are the rims and tires that go on the truck.. is this correct
Expert:  Loren replied 6 months ago.

Good afternoon. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Were the rims installed on the SUV or stolen from the cargo area?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Stolen from the cargo area...but keep in mind these were the factory wheels and tires that were installed on the truck upon purchase..I had just picked them from storage to get them reinstalled on the truck for the winter season...as of now I have aftermarket rims installed for the summer season...which is why they were in the cargo area
Expert:  Loren replied 6 months ago.

Thank you for the additional information. I am sorry to hear of your dilemma. I realize how frustrating this is for you and I hope to provide you information which is accurate and useful, even though it may not be the news you were hoping to get.

Expert:  Loren replied 6 months ago.

Check the terms of the policy. Typically, the terms provide that anything taken form the cargo area, even if vehicle parts, is treated as personal property. However, you may have valid grounds to challenge that and your policy will have the procedure to file an appeal for a denial of claim. Follow that procedure to the letter as a failure in notice or deadline can prejudice the appeal.

Expert:  Loren replied 6 months ago.

I realize this is probably not the answer you were hoping to receive. Also, please remember that this is not a moral judgement on my part. As a professional, however, I am sometimes placed in the position of having to deliver news which is not favorable to a customer's legal position, but accurately reflects their position under the law. I hate it, but it happens and I only ask that you not penalize me with a bad or poor rating for having to deliver less than favorable news.

Expert:  Loren replied 6 months ago.

You are very welcome. If you have no further questions, and have not yet done so, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for assisting you.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.

A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.

Thank you!

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Sorry for the late response and yes i will rate and pay you but There is some additional imformation i am trying to send you but for some reason on the cpu it does not give me the option to reply...only on my cell phone
Expert:  Loren replied 6 months ago.

If you have further questions feel free to post.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok this is crazy...on my phone it gives me a chat box to respond..but on the cpu...the only option i have is to ask your own question...which i believe is not nessarily gonna go to u
Expert:  Loren replied 6 months ago.

I am not sure what you want to do. If you have further questions I am here.