Richard, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with 29 years of experience.

I recently received a letter from The Mega millions Lottery

Customer Question

My name is***** recently received a letter from The Mega millions Lottery from Calls Rios Rosa's 32 Madrid Espana 28004 I am70yrs old I live inBirimingham,Ala I have been trying to call the number they gave me but I can not get through to enter my numbers not even through email I would appreciate it if you can help me
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Birmingham, Ala united States
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No I cannot get through on the phone nor email
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: That is all
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Expert:  Richard replied 12 days ago.

Hi! My name is Richard & I will be helping you today! It will take me a few minutes to type a response to your question. Thanks for your patience!

Expert:  Richard replied 12 days ago.

Unfortunately, this is a scam. If they call back, do not send them any money yet or give them any information regarding your bank account. ! These facts mirror identically an ongoing scam. Here's the thing that will confirm that it's a scam for you. One, the true lottery companies don't call you. And, you should never send them any money up front or provide them any information about your bank accounts. If they want you to pay them anything to get your money, it's a scam. If you were to win, they can easily simply deduct any expenses, taxes, fees, etc., from the money. if they tell you this is not possible, it's because there is in fact no money from which to deduct these costs. There are no sets of circumstances where they call you because they don't know you've won unless you contact them, and if there truly is money for you that you should have to do anything but receive your money net of any expenses. If they tell you otherwise, all that tells you is there is no money waiting for you and you are being scammed.

This is the part of my job I don't like...when the law is not in favor of my customer. I know this is not what you wanted to hear and I wish I could tell you this is legitimate, but, I can only provide you information based on the law and my experience so that you can act on the best available information to you. ………..I wish I had better news, but can only hope you recognize and understand my predicament and don't shoot the messenger. I'm sorry!

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as Good or Excellent (hopefully Excellent). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!