MIAMILAW1127
MIAMILAW1127, Lawyer
Experience:  Founding Partner at Moises Law, P.A.
89829185

I am the process of selling my home and I have a person

Customer Question

I am the process of selling my home and I have a person living with me who refuses to move. We do not have a binding tenant contract this was just a verbal agreement and he stated that I need to give him 6 months to move.
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Illinois
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes no rental agreement was ever sign and he has never been consistence on paying what was agreed upon.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 1 month ago.

Hello. Thank you for contacting me. I am a consultant here and I am looking forward to assisting you with your question. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Please be patient as I will be typing my responses to you from scratch. Also, I can only answer/address the questions you ask specifically based on the information your provide. Please try to provide as much information as possible so I can best assist you.

Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

According to the laws of the State of Illinois, you are only obligated to provide him 30 days notice to vacate. In the event that he stays beyond that time, he can be evicted through the standard eviction process.

I hope this helps. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Thank you.