Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  15 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs

If my boyfriend dies am I responsible to pay his dets?>

Customer Question

if my boyfriend dies am I responsible to pay his dets?>
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Expert:  Barrister replied 13 days ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply,but rest assured, I am working on your question.

No, you have no legal responsibility to pay for a boy/girlfriend's debts if they pass. Only their estate is liable to pay any debts that the deceased incurred.

If you had debts that were incurred by both of you with both of you on the debt, then you along with his estate would be liable for repayment. But his sole debts, only his estate is liable for..