How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Barrister Your Own Question
Barrister, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 34764
Experience:  16 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Barrister is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If my boyfriend dies am I responsible to pay his dets?>

Customer Question

if my boyfriend dies am I responsible to pay his dets?>
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Barrister replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply,but rest assured, I am working on your question.


No, you have no legal responsibility to pay for a boy/girlfriend's debts if they pass. Only their estate is liable to pay any debts that the deceased incurred.


If you had debts that were incurred by both of you with both of you on the debt, then you along with his estate would be liable for repayment. But his sole debts, only his estate is liable for..





Related Legal Questions