Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs
19958803

My son father died in dec. 2014 and have my son in a will

Customer Question

my son father died in dec. 2014 and have my son in a will and we wanna know who the lawyer is handleing the case for the probate will my son father name is***** od Durham,N.C. can u tell us how to go by this My son Name is ***** ***** and is a fed. Prison in Pensacola,Fl
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?
Customer: Well the will is in North Carolina and my son is in Pensacola,Fl his dad died in N.C,
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yes they sent my son a letter or whatever to the prison sometime ago to let him know he was in the will
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No Just want to know how we can get help in getting what's due to my son!!!
Expert:  Barrister replied 6 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney whowill try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone whocan. There may be a slight delay in myresponses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply,but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Do you know what city and county the father lived in when he passed?

.

Has anyone filed a probate case to settle his estate that you know of?

.

Who sent your son a letter? the executor? the attorney for the estate?

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
the father Robert L.McAdams lived and passed in Durham,N.C. was living at***** Durham N.C. 27703!!!If I understand my son the court sent him a case number ***** him know he was in the will...No he has not heard from the exector his name is***** but is not communivating with my son who Name is ***** *****
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Sorry do not have 59 dollars on my card as of now:(!!

No worries, I don't do the phone call option and those are automatically sent out...they aren't coming from me..

.

Ok, then since probate files are public records, anyone can contact the local court clerks in the county in NC where the father lived and get a copy of the probate file, including any will that has been admitted to probate.

.

The attorney represents the estate and the executor, not the heirs, so it isn't unusual for him not to respond to son.

.

So you or son or anyone local could get a copy of the probate case to see exactly what the will says about who gets what. It will list the executor along with their contact information and anything else that has been filed in the probate case, like an inventory of all the assets.

.

.

thanks