KJL LAW
KJL LAW, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney at law Office of KJLLAW
92128996

I occurred some hospital bills during an auto accident the

Customer Question

I occurred some hospital bills during an auto accident the hospitals were informed they were part of a pending lawsuit. they turned the bills over to a collection agency. the collection agency was also informed about the pending lawsuit but they put them on my credit report anyway. is this legal
Expert:  KJL LAW replied 8 months ago.
Good afternoon. Yes, hospital bills can be placed on a credit report even if part of a pending lawsuit. Under the Fair Credit
Act outstanding bills, can placed on a credit report, even if there is a pending lawsuit. If you have an attorney for the pending action they could write a letter to the agency and ask that they remove the bills until the lawsuit is settled. However, this is up to the collection agency itself, and under the current law they cannot be forced to do that. It's just an option to try.
Expert:  KJL LAW replied 8 months ago.

if you have any other questions just ask