KJL LAW
KJL LAW, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney at law Office of KJLLAW
92128996

I have been told that a person who has a felony can use a

Customer Question

Hi I have been told that a person who has a felony can use a black powder single action cap and ball weapon. Is that true?
JA: What state is this in? And can you tell me a little more about the charge?
Customer: South Dakota
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Has what been file or reported?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thanks
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  KJL LAW replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site, the answers are for general information. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

The law in North Dakota is that persons who have been convicted of felonies involving violence or threats (whether under North Dakota law, in another state, or under federal law), may not possess a firearm for ten years (the clock begins to run at the date of conviction or after the sentence is complete, whichever is later). The firearm ban is five years for people convicted of felonies not involving violence or threats, or class A misdemeanors (or their equivalent) involving violence or threats, and committed using a weapon.

It was a pleasure assisting you today, and I would appreciate if you would rate my service, so I will receive credit and payment for my work. After you rate the question you can ask follow up questions, and you will not be charged any additional money for the follow-up questions.