How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daughter has been living with her boyfriend for over 2

Customer Question

My daughter has been living with her boyfriend for over 2 years, they Odis get a marriage license and had a civil service ceremony in their home but he tore up the license a few days after in a fit of anger. They had a baby in October 2015, 1 year after she moved in, and then the problems started. He had been mentally abusive and spent very little time bonding with their daughter. Things got bad so she decided to take a break after begging several times for him to change. She has been staying with me but kept all of her property at their home (which is in his name but almost foreclosed on) and went to the house every day to verify hope that things would work out. He has been begging for a 2nd chance but getting insulting and name calling even still when she says no because she doesn't believe he's changed (his outbursts proving he hadn't) when she went home last night he had changed the lock and now ignores her, all of her property and all of the babies furniture (which I bought for her) is in the house and she has no access. What can she do? She continues to get mail there and most of her clothes are there.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.


You say they got a marriage license, and had a ceremony in their home, but was this performed by a licensed officiant and a signed copy recorded so that they are legally married?


Or are you saying that they went through some of the motions, but aren't legally married currently?





Related Legal Questions