Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  15 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs
19958803

My condo hired a tree man to cut tree a tree in my yard ha

Customer Question

My condo hired a tree man to cut tree a tree in my yard ha dropped it on my house destroyed chimney and broke through the r [of almost three months.it is covered. What are my options? Also elderly man on hospice lives here it's always insurance Co arguing seems we are a pawn i, a game
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Do you have homeowners insurance?

.

If so have you contacted them and filed a claim?

.

Was the tree man licensed and insured?

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Told papers just had to be signed start this week called in today no answer yrt
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 month ago.

Ok, if you have homeowner's insurance then you need to contact them immediately to file a claim...that is why we carry homeowner's insurance...to protect against losses like this.

.

They will pay to repair the house and then go after the contractor for reimbursement.

.

If you don't have insurance, then you will have to sue the Condo Association for the cost of repairs after you have gotten a few estimates. They are liable for any damages that someone they hire causes. They will then go after the contractor for anything that they have to pay.

.

thanks