Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

In 27379 zip code, what are the rules for a condemned home??

Customer Question

JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: In N.C. 27379 zip code, what are the rules for a condemned home??
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Not to my knowledge.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: It's my disabled nephew's home and I've been paying taxes for the past 12 yrs. Tax people have been RAISING taxes tremendously & just recently condemned the home according to my nephew. What are the rules here??
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Expert:  Stacy Adkins replied 11 days ago.

Hi, I'm Stacy. Please give me a few moments to review your question and conduct some research.

Which rules are you specifically asking about? Whether they can condemn the home? Who is the legal owner of the home? I have found the code section regarding housing in Yanceyville. According to the code, there should have been a notice sent to the home outlining what repairs or areas of improvement are needed. Do you have any additional information about whether it has been deemed condemned or they are threatening to if repairs are not made?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Thank you for your help thus far. I've had phone contact and the question has been answered. Thanks so much. gk