Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law

What kind of language do I need to include in a non-CLETS

Customer Question

What kind of language do I need to include in a non-CLETS order to avoid a CLETS?
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: California
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yes. Complaining witness filed for a restraining order and got a temp RO. I responded, denying the allegations.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 16 days ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Technically, every restraining order entered by the court is entered into the computer database. A "non-CLETS" order is really a myth or misnomer in CA. The only way to have a "non-CLETS" order is to not have the court enter a restraining order and the parties would agree in writing to not have any contact with each other by contract, which would mean that the police would not enforce this private agreement. The language would be that in consideration for the petitioner agreeing to dismiss their restraining order, the respondent agreed to cease and desist all contact with the petitioner in lieu of a restraining order being entered.
That is the way non-CLETS orders are entered, they are agreements between the parties privately and not by court orders.