Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

My wife and I are being sued for breach of contract. A

My wife and I are being sued for breach of contract. A complaint was filed. I answer the complaint with a demurrer. My wife provided a standard response. On the demurrer, there was a hearing. The judge ruled in my favor but gave plaintiff chance to amend his complaint. The plaintiff amended his complaint. My question is what is next step? Can I file another demurrer ?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If demurrer applies in your case, then you can file another demurrer if you have grounds to object to the complaint, since you have to file some answer to the amended complaint. You can file a general denial or demurrer or the standard response as your wife did.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
does the same 30 day response timeline apply? because I believe the 30 days from the date the amended complaint has passed. As for my wife, she filed a standard response. What happens in her case also?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I would prefer to talk but I don't have any privacy right now.. can I call you later?
Thank you for your reply.
The same 30 days to respond applies as it did to the original complaint.
I do not mind talking, but will not be available until tomorrow between 6AM and 1PM PST.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
That is fine. Thank you..
what I am going to do is send you a phone call request, DO NOT ACCEPT IT UNTIL TOMORROW BETWEEN THOSE TIMES when you are ready to talk, then when you accept the offer, post a reply to me here and let me know and I will call then.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Is this offer price in addition to the $36 that I'm paying to get my initial question answered?
Thank you for your reply.
Yes, that is the site's policy, not the expert's policy, as the experts are not employees of the site and do not control the site's charges.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok, and how long will I have to speak with you over the phone?

Thank you for your reply

They give you up to 15 minutes-20 minutes (depending on the situation and expert)