Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I'm representing my caretaker. She and her husband shared a

Customer Question

I'm representing my caretaker. She and her husband shared a life insurance policy with a company called Fidelity Life Association, located in Des Plaines, IL.
The premium for this insurance policy taken out many years ago was authorized as a direct payment from her bank account at a monthly premium = $53.78. They decided back in February, 2016 to cancel said policy since they were both retiring, however the premium was still being withdrawn.
Without formal notice, the premium was increased to 671.67/mo., still being withdrawn from her account. She and her husband were unaware until September that this increased withdrawal was taking place.
IN HER BEHALF I SENT A LETTER TO THE INSURANCE COMPANY AND ASKED TO PRODUCE ANY EVIDENCE SUCH AS A REGISTERED OR CERTIFIED LETTER REGARDING THIS CHANGE BUT ALL THEY SAID WAS THAT SHE HAD BEEN NOTIFIED.
After sending this letter, they reimbursed one month of her premium and stated that was the limit of their liability.
Your recommendation in this matter is greatly appreciated.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 month ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 month ago.

I need you to be more specific in your question(s) if you could. When we answer general ones like "what do I do", "what are my rights", or "what are my options", we have to give general answers and, invariably, the customer responds with "I already knew that". This type of forum works better if you ask specific questions so we know exactly what you are looking for.

Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 month ago.

I'm sorry, I don't do telephone calls. If you have made the deposit for a call your request will go on a list and when an expert that does calls sees it they will pick up.

In the meantime, if you can ask a specific question then I can assist with it.