Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

Can a sue a gym in small claims court for trying to enforce

Customer Question

can a sue a gym in small claims court for trying to enforce an illegal contract
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: saint g
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Saint George Utah
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have been threaten with collections
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 2 months ago.

Hello. Thank you for contacting me. I am a consultant here and I am looking forward to assisting you with your question. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Please be patient as I will be typing my responses to you from scratch. Also, I can only answer/address the questions you ask specifically based on the information your provide. Please try to provide as much information as possible so I can best assist you.

Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Can you please tell me some more about the contract so I can better assist you?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
my ex-wife was allowed to cancel the membership by the gym because she moved out town, However now they want me to pay for the full membership couples membership.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
can i sue them is small claims court

Yes. You can sue them for breach of contract.

What is the total amount? This is what will determine if it ends up in small claims court.