MIAMILAW1127, Lawyer
Experience:  Founding Partner at Moises Law, P.A.

I was in a RV dealership and i put a down payment on a RV

Customer Question

I was in a RV dealership and i put a down payment on a RV and realized after walking out and gettin in my car that I can not come up with the cash . I did not fill out a credit app and I told the person that I wanted it delivered to another state and I would provide them with the address and the person will not let put the RV on there land. I called the dealship 30 mins after I signed and told them I cant take the RV Im in California what are my rights can i get my deposit back.?
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: am i held to the contract?
JA: What state is this in? And how old is the RV?
Customer: California and it is brand new
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: filed with who
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes am i stuck with the RV
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 11 days ago.

Hello. Thank you for contacting me. I am a consultant here and I am looking forward to assisting you with your question. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Please be patient as I will be typing my responses to you from scratch. Also, I can only answer/address the questions you ask specifically based on the information your provide. Please try to provide as much information as possible so I can best assist you.

Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Did the contract have a cancellation clause in it?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I'm not sure
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I never took delvery
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
are you there?

The issue isn't whether you ever took delivery or not.

The only thing that has any impact here is the language of the contract you signed.

According to the law in California, there is not automatic cancellation option for recreational vehicles (RVs). Therefore, it would need to be included as part of the contract or else you would not be able to cancel it once you sign/enter into it.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.

No problem. I'm sorry for your situation.

Please do not forget to rate my response at your earliest convenience. Thank you.