Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

My home flooded 4-5 times this year due to vacuum failure in

Customer Question

My home flooded 4-5 times this year due to vacuum failure in our area for water and sewer. I report the problem to the company but nothing was done about it. My underlayment flooring got damaged from the water not performing properly in our area. I am worried my insulation got damaged too on the flooring part which I know will rot the wood later throughout the years. Everything in my home performs fine. But it is caused by someones toilet stuck open and they don't report their problem. That was bought up to the Alaska Rural Utility Collaborative. Nothing is done about it. My home just flooded this morning. The other times was earlier this year.
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Forgot to mention that our water and sewer is Airvac system.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: A numerous times. Even through out our area
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think that is it. Other people in our area has the same problem
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Expert:  Ely replied 11 days ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.
I am sorry to hear about this situation. Please tell me:
1) Are you renting or do you own?
2) Where is the water coming from exactly - is this natural flow?
3) How do you know that someone's backed up plumbing caused your issue?