Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

In the state of Nevada can a protective Motion be filed for

Customer Question

In the state of Nevada can a protective Motion be filed for an answer to a parcel motion in a civil case. One of the defendants just hand spinal surgery and is on heavy pain Meds.
"Oxycodone". Inhibiting him from thinking clearly to write affidavit for defending a parcel motion to stop a quite title being attached to their property
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 3 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
The defendant can ask for a continuance based on their medical condition or can ask for continuance so they can get an attorney to answer. That is not really a protective motion, since all the person is entitled to is continuance based on their medical condition and they cannot just stop the proceeding forever because of the condition.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I cannot file a protective motion for 30-60 days till I'm off Meds.
Thank you for your reply.
You file a "Motion for Continuance" not a protective motion and you need to attach a report from the doctor to support your claims.