LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  9+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
9540344

I got a restraining order and the last time I saw the judge

Customer Question

I got a restraining order and the last time I saw the judge he said, "this restraining order may very likely be invalid" and that I could contest it, if I would like. I would like to do that. How is it done?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: California
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: To contest it?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: it is a very convoluted case
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 month ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

How long ago was it imposed and was it temporary? The reason I ask is because a hearing typically follows, to determine if it should be permanent and impose

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It doesn't seem like real people answering me. What is going on?

I am here and asked for some additional information this morning. If you can respond, I would be happy to answer your question

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I never hot an answer this site just goes in circles! I want a refund!
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Never got an answer.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I never got an answer

If you wanted to contest the restraining order, a motion would need to be filed in opposition of it. It is odd that the Judge said it MAY be invalid, since if there was no legal basis for it to be imposed, it should have not been, in the first place. Often times, it is temporarily put in place and then there is a hearing shortly thereafter, to determine if it should be put in place. If you do not think there is a basis for it, you can ask that it be vacated and dropped and a hearing will be set for you and the other party to appear, to present evidence, to show and support why and if it needs to be imposed.