How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My Husband s in Consulate Health and Rehab Center in Florida

Customer Question

My Husband s in Consulate Health and Rehab Center in Florida for Rehab from a illioconduit surgery performed on him on Septamber 7, 2016. I have had numerous conflicts with them regarding the traiing I am supposed to have in placing the urostomy back and he has been in there 3 weeks as of yesterday a and after removing his stitches he sent an order to the nursing home to order a nurse that specalized in urostomy bag because none of the nurses in the facility haven been able to place one on him without it leaking and having tochange ot sometimes 4 times in day. How do I find an ombudsman to represent me in this situation?
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: In Lakeland, Florida.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Nothing filed, but I have had several conversations withnurses on each shift with regard to this and also I just foud out tht I had inforned tthem onthe day that he was not tobe given any corn, nuts or popcorn in his meal the NCA said it didn't say anything about that becasuse it was not on the top of his meal ticiket and tonight I sent the fourth meanl back because he was given corn and I told them the first dy he was transported to the facility.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I could tell quite a lot more but I just need to be trained on the placement bag because I think he is almost ready to be ready sent home.
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 8 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I will assist you today. Please give me a few minutes to write a response and identify any additional resources for you.

Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 8 months ago.

Dear Customer,

I am very sorry to learn of your husband's (and your own) experience with this facility.

Florida has a helpful resource for this kind of issue (it is an administrative remedy, so this is separate from your husband's right to sue the facility for medical malpractice - so he can consult with an attorney separately if he wishes).

You can find information and reporting here:

Telephone hotline:

Internet reporting: