CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
71563194

My Husband s in Consulate Health and Rehab Center in Florida

Customer Question

My Husband s in Consulate Health and Rehab Center in Florida for Rehab from a illioconduit surgery performed on him on Septamber 7, 2016. I have had numerous conflicts with them regarding the traiing I am supposed to have in placing the urostomy back and he has been in there 3 weeks as of yesterday a and after removing his stitches he sent an order to the nursing home to order a nurse that specalized in urostomy bag because none of the nurses in the facility haven been able to place one on him without it leaking and having tochange ot sometimes 4 times in day. How do I find an ombudsman to represent me in this situation?
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: In Lakeland, Florida.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Nothing filed, but I have had several conversations withnurses on each shift with regard to this and also I just foud out tht I had inforned tthem onthe day that he was not tobe given any corn, nuts or popcorn in his meal the NCA said it didn't say anything about that becasuse it was not on the top of his meal ticiket and tonight I sent the fourth meanl back because he was given corn and I told them the first dy he was transported to the facility.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I could tell quite a lot more but I just need to be trained on the placement bag because I think he is almost ready to be ready sent home.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 month ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I will assist you today. Please give me a few minutes to write a response and identify any additional resources for you.

Dear Customer,

I am very sorry to learn of your husband's (and your own) experience with this facility.

Florida has a helpful resource for this kind of issue (it is an administrative remedy, so this is separate from your husband's right to sue the facility for medical malpractice - so he can consult with an attorney separately if he wishes).

You can find information and reporting here:

Telephone hotline: http://www.ahca.myflorida.com/Contact/call_center.shtml

Internet reporting: https://apps.ahca.myflorida.com/hcfc/