Stacy Adkins
Stacy Adkins, Lawyer
Experience:  Law Clerk for 7 years
95838073

If I am court ordered to the smart program in Travis County

Customer Question

If I am court ordered to the smart program in Travis County due to a probation violation and revoke but am currently working and haven't caught any kind of new offenses is it possible that I could enter the program already on work release?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Stacy Adkins replied 1 month ago.

Hi Cera, I'm Stacy. Based on the information I have found, work release inmates are permitted in the SMART program. However, the only way to know if you can qualify for sure and would be permitted to enter the program under these circumstances is to contact your court appointed attorney and go through those channels. The attached SMART brochure shows that there is a work release component.

If this answers your question, please accept my answer. If I can assist with follow-up questions, please let me know. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Do you have any further questions? If not, please accept my answer so that I can be credited for helping you. This is the only way experts are compensated for their time on this site. Thank you.