Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years of experience

I bought a new engine to be put in my truck.the cost for me

Customer Question

i bought a new engine to be put in my truck.the cost for me was 7500.00.what they did is put my same engine I have a case?
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?
Customer: la
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no I just found out 2 days ago.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes if I have a' s been a little over 5 years
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Expert:  Gerald, Esq replied 16 days ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. Please bear with me while I review your question. I will respond fully shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Thank you for your patience and thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

In Louisiana, as in most states there is a Statute of Limitations. This statute prevents suits from going forward if too much time has passed. The only viable claim that remains for you in this situation is Breach of Contract. The Statute of Limitations in Louisiana for Breach of Contract is 10 years.

Since you contracted for a new engine and they did not put a new engine in the vehicle you can bring a suit for breach of contract.

If the cost of the work was $5,000.00 or less you can sue in small claims court. You can get the forms you need from the court to bring the action:

I hope the information I provide is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow up questions, feel free to ask. Please note that I am generally unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but it helps me greatly. Thank you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you and only ask the same from you.

Good luck.

Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Kind regards,