Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
8534270

Can a mutual will be changed if it does not say irvocable in

Customer Question

Can a mutual will be changed if it does not say irvocable in the language. I have a will made out to me thru my gay uncle .HIS gay partners sister at the will change to her when he had altymerz these two men had wills made out to both sides of the family. I went to summary judgment trial the judge said it was not irevocable she said I did not have enough proof I thought contract law is when one person honor the contract so it would be breach of contract ?
Expert:  Ray replied 2 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Expert:  Ray replied 1 month ago.

Here the court had to find that there was not mutual wills and therefore irrevocable.You would have right to appeal the courts decision and seek to reverse the findings here under Washington law.You would argue that there was proof here and that the court was in error.

Expert:  Ray replied 1 month ago.
Expert:  Ray replied 1 month ago.

Appeal rights

Notice of Appeal

Timeline

A notice of appeal must be filed in the trial court within the longer of (1) 30 days after the entry of the decision of the trial court which the party filing the notice wants reviewed, or (2) the time provided by statute as described in RAP 5.2e.

Fee

The first party to file notice of appeal must, at the time notice is filed, pay the statutory filing fee to the clerk of the superior court in which the notice is filed. For cases that were tried together or consolidated for trial, only one filing fee need be paid, notwithstanding that separate notices are filed for each case.

Content

A notice of appeal must be titled as such. It must:

• Specify the party or parties seeking review,
  • Designate the decision or part of the decision the party wants reviewed, &
  • Name the appellate court to which the review is being taken.

The party filing the notice of appeal should attach to the notice of appeal a copy of the written order or judgement from which the appeal is made. In a criminal case in which two or more defendants were joined for trial by order of the trial court, provide the names and superior court cause numbers of all codefendants.

Filing & Service of Notice

The party filing the notice for discretionary review shall on the same day serve a copy of the notice on each party of record and file a copy of proof of service with the appellate court designated in the notice.

Expert:  Ray replied 1 month ago.

If you can positive rate when we are done it is always much appreciated.