Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

My girlfriend is blind and work in Lebanon. Doing car parts.

Customer Question

My girlfriend is blind and work in Lebanon . Doing car parts. She gets paid on piece rate.The company that she works for took a time study. After doing the time study. The company is cutting the pay by 6.2 cents a piece to 4.5 cents. In the past two weeks pay it cut her income to $240.00. Without being informed of them doing so.Is this legal. Knowing that I can not find another job due to being blind.What advice can you give without me loosing my job.
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Tennessee
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No this just happened Friday and I just want what's fair for her.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No I told you everything and if your Lawyer needs to speak with her. Here is her info Tammy Burnett(###) ###-####
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Expert:  Thelawman2 replied 13 days ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today. Just to confirm, she is working in Lebanon, Tennessee, correct?