Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
11068102

I've never really received my divorce certificate, so I just

Customer Question

Hi there
JA: Hello. How can we be of help?
Customer: I've never really received my divorce certificate, so I just found the decree online today- noticed misspelling of both of our names in the document
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: This was isn Boulder, Colorado
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No, I just noticed it right now
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: that's about it
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 6 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Is there a specific question with which I could assist?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I'm just wondering what to do about these misspellings and if it has any legal concequences

It could cause issues later with passports, credit reports, etc.

You can resolve it by hiring an attorney to file a Motion for Judgment Nunc Pro Tunc. That is where you are asking the court to correct a clerical error. A misspelling of a name is ***** ***** most common reason for filing for a Nunc Pro Tunc and it resolves all of the issues.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work. Of course, please feel free to ask any follow up questions in this thread. I want to be sure that all of your questions are answered.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you

You're very welcome.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work.