Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

How can I sue someone after they do not get their kid into

Customer Question

How can I sue someone after they do not get their kid into treatment for mental issues?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Colorado
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I reported him to the Adams County Sheriffs office,
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have talked to his mother and she has refused to get him help.
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 18 days ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Has the child been ordered to treatment? What is the issue which has caused this? I am just trying to get a little more information about the situation

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
He has a violent temper and has threatened to physically hurt me on several occasions.
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I will wait for your phone call.

Have the police been called?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
When will you be able to call me back?

An expert will be contacting you shortly or else we can chat on this page. Please just let me know

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I am waiting for your response.
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
His mother was told to get him help by the Adams County District Attorneys office.

A parent can not be forced by a third party, to enter their children into treatment, for their behavior and mental health issues. That is something which they either need to do so voluntarily or through court order. What would prompt a court to do this, would be if the child was facing criminal charges. In this case, if there have been threats to you and the police have been called and the child was arrested and charged, then the Judge can step in and order the child to be evaluated and if needed, entered into treatment, so they can get help. Unless it is court ordered, the mother does not have to do it, at this time and the DA would only be involved if they file charges, as a result of what he has done to you

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be 5 STARS! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.