Richard, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with 29 years of experience.

What form of letter should I use when replying to a letter

Customer Question

What form of letter should I use when replying to a letter of intent concerning real estate?
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Texas
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: We have only received a letter of intent and want to respond with a negotiation
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes, what else do we need to know in selling this property
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Expert:  Richard replied 16 days ago.

Hi! My name is Richard & I will be helping you today! It will take me a few minutes to type a response to your question. Thanks for your patience!

Expert:  Richard replied 16 days ago.

What you do in this situation is to respond in one of two way: i) Send a letter with bullet points addressing each point of the letter of intent that you received that you disagree with. You will want to either provide that such a provision needs to be deleted or provide a change to the provision that would be acceptable to you. If there are provisions which you want to include that are not in the letter of intent you received, you want to request that it be included. ii) Take the letter you received and revise it so that it's acceptable to you. Red-line all the changes so the other party can see the changes you've made.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as Good or Excellent (hopefully Excellent). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!

Expert:  Richard replied 16 days ago.

Hi. Just following up because my screen indicates you have yet to read my response. If you didn't receive it, please let me know and I'll repost it for you!