Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

Yesterday during hurricane mathew in st. Augustine florida I

Customer Question

Hello, yesterday during hurricane mathew in st. Augustine florida I was blocked from leaving my room..hostage situation at the same time the employee said he will close the door and beat me up at Best Western hotel. Another employee held him back ii quickly packed documents and laptop destroyed scared for my life during the time the hurricane hit.
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 13 days ago.

Good afternoon Liv,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I have been a licensed attorney for more than 3 decades.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs.

I have been a licensed, litigation attorney for more than 30 years, and I have handled several thousand cases. What you are asking for is all but impossible to respond to adequately in this written format, and in my experience is only practical to approach in a phone conversation.

If you are interested, for a nominal charge of just $5 more I can offer you a phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread. If you are not interested just let me know and if I can't help you I will consider opting out and another professional could then assist you.

1. How was your computer destroyed?

2. How were you blocked from leaving your room?

3. What was the employee doing there at your room in the first place?

4. Why would the employee threaten to assault you?

5. Have you called the police yet?

Expert:  LawTalk replied 13 days ago.

I won't be able to assist you if you are not able to provide the minimal information I sought clarification on. Please get back to me with this information at your earliest convenience.