LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney with more than 30 years of experience in the legal field.
15277592

Mine attorney did not disclose to me, that he is the brother

Customer Question

hello, mine attorney did not disclose to me, that he is the brother -in-law of my baby's' mom attorney. . Are there any tangible reproccusions, such as legal or other? Thank you. Justin
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location. Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Arizona, and my baby's mom and I are going to court for me to get visitation and other rights since last September
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: September 2015
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 month ago.

Good Justin,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

The fact that your attorney happens to be related by marriage to the attorney that is representing your baby's mother is in no way a legal conflict which would prevent either attorney from representing their clients.

There is no reason why your attorney cannot help you and do a great job doing so. The court will not order either attorney to stop representing either of you because there is no conflict here. The fact that you are the father means that the court will grant you visitation. You are always able to fire your attorney, but I see no reason to do so simply based on the fact that he is related by marriage to the opposing attorney.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 month ago.

Hi Justin,

Is there anything else I can assist you with today?

It is possible that your questions and issues might be better served by an in-depth conversation with me. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference.

Please know that I answered your question in good faith, providing you with the information that you asked for, and I did that with the expectation that you would act likewise and rate my service to you. If I have already provided you with the information you asked for and you have no additional questions, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you?

Thanks in advance for your rating of my service, It is greatly appreciated,

Doug