Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

My son was struck by an oncoming vehicle when he was at a

Customer Question

My son was struck by an oncoming vehicle when he was at a complete stop. We filed a claim a week ago and the insurance co. gave us the number to the insurance adjuster, but the insurance adjuster will not return our phone calls. In the meantime, the car is at the city pound and is not driveable. It has been two weeks since the accident and we need our vehicle. What are my options for getting the insurance company to take care of the damages?
JA: Has anything been filed or reported? Not for this question, but they might if you need additional services. You'll have to ask the Lawyer about that.
Customer: Yes, a police report has been filed. I actually had to fax the report to the insurance company because after four days after I spoke with them they still did not have the report.
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?
Customer: Garland, TX on Sep. 26, 2016. I got the police report on October 3 and immediately contacted them.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes. I've contacted the insurance company several times and they keep telling me that they have turned the claim over to the insurance adjuster. My son and I have tried to contact the insurance adjuster several times, but have only been able to leave messages and he has not returned our calls.
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 19 days ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.