Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  15 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs
19958803

THOME ISIN ESCROW THEY WANT TO COME IN AND INSPECT BUT IT IS

Customer Question

THOME I'M RENTING ISIN ESCROW THEY WANT TO COME IN AND INSPECT BUT IT IS AN INCONVIENT TIME FOR ME DO I HAVE TO LET THEM IN MY HOME THEY REUFSE TO RESCHEDULE
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: CA
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: AS FAR AS WHAT
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO
Expert:  Barrister replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney whowill try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply,but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Have they given you any type of notice prior to requesting to inspect?

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
72 hr text message

Ok, legally in CA, an owner or his agents can access a rented dwelling as long as they provide at least 24 hours notice to the tenant and only enter M-F 8am to 6pm. See CA Civil Code 1954.

.

With that said, you can't unreasonably deny access to them, but if it is inconvenient, you can ask that they reschedule for a different time or date at least once and it wouldn't be considered a breach of the law by you.

.

If they refuse, you can tell them that if they come over, you will call the police and have them removed because you have sole rights to use and possession of the property during your lease period. That should get them to agree to reschedule rather than be told to leave by the police and take it up in civil court.

.

As an aside, in addition to being an attorney, I have also been a landlord for over 26 years...

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I WORK THAT DAY AND DO NOT TRUST THEM IN MY HOME SO THERE IS NO WAY I CAN GET OUT OF IT IF THEY DONT RESCHDULE