Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
8534270

My twins were born in New Orleans in 1986. Their father and

Customer Question

My twins were born in New Orleans in 1986. Their father and I weren't married so they had my last name. In 2001 we were married and in 2004 we went to court in Oklahoma and had their names changed to their dad's last name and received new birth certificates from LA. Since then my son joined the navy 10 years ago and even had top secret clearance to handle the bombs. He just got out of the Navy to become a police officer and sent for a copy of his birth certificate but the one they sent had his old last name on it. When I called the clerk office in LA she told me their was nothing she could do to help.
JA: I'm trying to find the right Lawyer for you right now. As soon as they are ready, I will let you know.
Customer: How long does
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?
Customer: My twins were born in 1986 in New Orleans. I had the name change done In Ada, Oklahoma
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: After the name change I sent the court papers to New Orleans and they sent me back the new birth certificates with the new name change
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: not really. I just don't certificate understand why the new birth isn't still on record
Expert:  Ray replied 5 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Expert:  Ray replied 5 months ago.

So have you actually seen the new amended birth certificates from LA and now they don't have them, is that the situation?

Expert:  Ray replied 5 months ago.

You may need to start here.I am wondering if Oklahoma sent this for a birth certificate in Oklahoma rather than LA.

Pontotoc County Recorder Office - Birth, Death, Marriage & Divorce Records

Pontotoc County
PO Box 1425
Ada, OK 74821
Hours of Operation: 8AM-5PM
Website
Phone: ***-***-****
Fax: ***-***-****
Real Estate: ***-***-****
Assessor: ***-***-****
Treasurer: ***-***-****
Elections: ***-***-****
Vital Records: ***-***-****
Recording Officer: County Clerk
Records Online: Real Estate, Deed, UCC, Judgment, Lien, Military
Assessor Fax: ***-***-****
Assessor Website
Assessor Address: 100 W 13th St (74820)

If you have too here you can get certified copies of the court orders changing name and resubmit it to LA where they were born.You are going to have to do some investigating and submit the certified copy of order if you have too.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I saw.the certificates but the clerk in L.O. said the cert.should.have been signed and sent.back
Expert:  Ray replied 5 months ago.

Once you get the certified copy here this is where you send it to amend the birth certificate.I think you are going to have to resubmit this with certified copy of the orders where there was name change.

By Mail: Please submit a completed application form and specify the correction(s) desired to the birth certificate. You may download the Application to Amend for mail requests.

The individual requesting a correction to his/her birth certificate must submit a completed application, legible copy of his/her valid government issued photo ID, such as state-issued driver's license or non-driver photo ID, the incorrect birth certificate, and the required fee.

If you are requesting a correction to your child’s birth certificate, both parents listed on the child’s birth certificate must submit a legible copy of their valid government issued photo ID, such as state-issued driver's license or non-driver photo ID, along with the completed application, the child’s incorrect birth certificate, and the required fee.

Requests are processed in approximately 6 to 8 weeks from the date of receipt.

Please mail your request to:

Vital Records Registry

Attn: Amendments Department

P.O. Box 60630

New Orleans, LA 70160

Appreciate the chance to help you here.

Expert:  Ray replied 5 months ago.

I can do unlimited chat, not set up for calls, sent you the offer.You can accept and ask away here.

Expert:  Ray replied 5 months ago.

I will be here tonight if you want to chat just accept services and we can continue until you are done.Thanks again for the chance to help.