KJL LAW
KJL LAW, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney at law Office of KJLLAW
92128996

I need to travel to Puerto Rico put I've lost my

Customer Question

hi I need to travel to Puerto Rico put I've lost my Identification . I traveled from New York to Orlando Florida to attend my son's funeral recently on October 2/2016 . Somewhere in between that date and now I misplaced my ID's . Will I have a problem purchasing / picking up airline tickets , and passing TSA' s check points to pass to the airline boarding gate . And will I have a problem boarding the airline.
JA: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: I'm in Florida.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yes A report was filed .
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The report was filed at TSA Lost And found.
Expert:  KJL LAW replied 4 months ago.

Good afternoon.

Expert:  KJL LAW replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site, the answers are for general information. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Yes you can travel to Puerto Rico which is considered a domestic flight without ID. All you need to do is tell TSA agent at check in that you don’t have your ID.

They will ask about yourself and that will help them determine your identity. If you’re willing to provide them with some additional information from a public database, then they can more easily confirm your identity. Once they confirm you identity you’ll be cleared to go through security, and board your flight. The TSA lost and found report will definitely help with confirming your identification, and sped up the process. This happens to many people who travel, and the system is set up to make sure you can still travel by just confirming your identity.

It was a pleasure assisting you today, and I would appreciate if you would rate my service, so I will receive credit and payment for my work. After you rate the question you can ask follow up questions, and you will not be charged any additional money for the follow-up questions.

Expert:  KJL LAW replied 4 months ago.
If you have any other questions, just ask.
Expert:  KJL LAW replied 4 months ago.

Expert:  KJL LAW replied 4 months ago.