Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992

I am interested to find a lawyer who can assist me in

Customer Question

I am interested to find a lawyer who can assist me in learning my options about a perjury case I am dealing with.
JA: What state is this in? And have any charges been officially filed?
Customer: Texas, Dallas county
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: not yet, and need to know what I should do
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The perjury was committed on a protective order ruling. There were numerous other lies perpetrated as well.
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 17 days ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 17 days ago.

Is there a specific question with which I could assist?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
My wife lied on her protective order affidavit, on her claims for family violence, on her deposition and her attorney basically covered it up
I need to know what I can do now the case is finished with trial and awaiting judge ruling
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 17 days ago.

Did you raise the issue at trial?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Minimally since my lawyer didn't have enough time allotted by court.
Since the judge didn't want to rule on family violence my lawyer tried to focus on property asset division.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I know people may say I am being sore about the divorce. However, there is definitely wrong doing here and I had to pay thousands of dollars for it.
I wish to recoup some of it if I can
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 17 days ago.

Unfortunately, you would have had to raise it at the trial and fully litigate it there to do anything civilly about it. Your only other choice is to report it to the District Attorney and see if they are interested in pursuing it but I've seen people raise the issue numerous time and have never seen the DA pursue the matter.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
But I can not file a separate lawsuit claiming perjury and defamation
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 17 days ago.

No, it is required to bring all causes of action against that person in the same lawsuit and which occurred prior to the close of evidence in the case.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Thank you goodbye
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 17 days ago.

You're very welcome.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work. Of course, please feel free to ask any follow up questions in this thread. I want to be sure that all of your questions are answered.