Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer & Real Estate Broker, 30+ years, foreclosure, land contracts, inheritance, probate.

I am a contractor and I did a big grass install for a

Customer Question

I am a contractor and I did a big grass install for a commercial building,I didnt have a contract for this portion of the job.we are court bound for the landscaping.they paid me and the grass company with a credit card, now they are withdrawing the payments..can I legally go repo the grass and will they still be liable to the grass company for the grass it self for withdrawing payment..
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 18 days ago.

Hello and thanks for using JUST ANSWER. It doesn't sound logical that they would simply stop payment on everything after the job was done. Have you looked into filing a mechanics lien for your labor? While it may be an interesting idea, you should not repo the sod. You don't have a lien on it, and it has now become part of the real estate. To remove it at this late date might constitute a criminal trespass which could subject you to damages. As far as the grass company is concerned, they will have to sue the building owner for their payment. I don't see how you would be involved in that aspect.

I hope that I have provided excellent service and, if so, would love a 5 star rating. If not, please let me know how I can further assist you. There is no additional charge to you for rating me. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.

Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.