Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

Had a car accident on a 2017 Toyota Camry, got it last Aug.

Customer Question

Had a car accident on a 2017 Toyota Camry, got it last Aug. 22. Im trying to clarify Insurance coverage. I just got done applying to Geico yesterday for all our cars, went to work and that's when accident happened. Email from Geico says its effective today. I called Stevens Creek where we got the car, they said 4 weeks the car is insured but its past that. How do I know if I have any insurance on this car?
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 2 months ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

When you called Geico, did you tell them you wanted coverage in effect that day? I ask because typically the policy will be binding the day you apply, so curious as to the timeline of events and when you actually spoke with them, when they said it would be in effect and when the accident occurred?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It's online. I think there's a portion there that you put a date.

The only way you know for sure if the vehicle is covered, is by calling Geico directly to verify. If insurance was in effect at the time of the accident, you will be covered. Moreover, the insurance car which you have ( and I have Geico myself) clearly states on the insurance card, the effective date right on top.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!