Karen
Karen, Lawyer
Experience:  Owner and Principal Attorney
96336861

Because of two months of silence without getting the

Because of two months of silence without getting the requested documents to substantiate fees that were charged, I am looking to do fee arbitration to get things moving. I am in NJ. My CRA case was filed in NJ. The lawyer that represents me in based in Philadelphia. What state do I submit the fee arbitration request with? NJ or PA?

Good Afternoon Chris,

If you are a resident of the State of NJ, you may submit the request in NJ. Unlike a complaint filed in an actual court of law, arbitrations are not based upon jurisdiction. Requesting that the arbitration be held in NJ may make it more convenient for you to attend the hearing. If you have retained an attorney for this matter, you should defer to him/her for further advice. Thank you and good luck.