DrakeLAW, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney at Drake Law Firm PLC

I filed bankruptcy and it has been granted, however I had a

Customer Question

I filed bankruptcy and it has been granted, however I had a loan with title max that when I filed was 598. Now they are telling me I owe them 650 and I paid them all during the case because I wanted to keep my car. Is renewing my loan like that legal
JA: What state are you in? And has anything been officially filed?
Customer: Missouri
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: what do you mean, they had to be listed as a debtor, however I proclaimed that I wanted to keep the car.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no.
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Expert:  DrakeLAW replied 20 days ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you, please give me a moment to review and possibly research answers to your question.

Expert:  DrakeLAW replied 20 days ago.

The bankruptcy will have no effect on that loan since it is secured by your car. Did you ask for a statement from them? Why are they saying it is more, is it due to interest?

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
I did not ask for a statement. The interest was paid with each payment I made and I made all payments with the interest
Expert:  DrakeLAW replied 20 days ago.

I see, then I understand your question. If interest was paid with each payment then it should be all paid off. You need to demand a statement from them and see what they are claiming the amount is based on. Good news is if you have any problems with them and the amount they are claiming, you can use your bankruptcy to deal with it rather than file a whole lawsuit against them.

Does that answer your question?