Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
8534270

I have a mobile home lot that I rent. I do not own the

Customer Question

I have a mobile home lot that I rent . I do not own the mobile home the people have built a ramp that is not in code . if a accident happens will i be responable for this ?
JA: What state is this in? And how old is the mobile home?
Customer: Tennessee
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: my renters have been there 10 yrs. but now the woman is older and uses a walker . could i ask them to sign a letter to release me from responsibility ?
Expert:  Ray replied 7 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Expert:  Ray replied 7 months ago.

Yes you could be held liable here because you own the land. A release and hold harmless is a good idea.

RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS AGREEMENT

I, {Name}, understand that my trailer disability ramp carries with it the potential for certain risks, some of which may not be reasonably foreseeable.

I further acknowledge that these risks could cause me, or others around me, harm, including, but not limited to, bodily injury, damage to property, emotional distress, or death.

I willingly constructed said ramp ad am responsible for its design and construction.

By signing this agreement, I agree to release, indemnify, and hold harm your name here, as well as his employees, agents, representatives, successors, etc. from all losses, claims, theft, demands, liabilities, causes of action, or expenses, known or unknown, arising out of the use of my ramp.

Signed:

___________________________
Printed Name

___________________________
Signature

___________________________
Witness Name

___________________________
Signature

Feel free to modify this to your situation it is a form only.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again.

Expert:  Ray replied 7 months ago.

RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS AGREEMENT

I willingly constructed said ramp and am responsible for its design and construction.

Signed:

___________________________
Printed Name

___________________________
Signature

___________________________
Witness Name

___________________________
Signature