Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.

After having a injection,immediately experience severe pain

Customer Question

after having a injection,immediately experience severe pain and could not feel left leg,my doctor called an non emergency call ..was taken to hospital ,during the injection he hit vein causing a large hematoma crushing my spinal cord,in the medical notes he did admit to noticing more blood than usual......I wound up having surgery the same day ,removal of t-spine 1-4 a stay in icu,then on to therapy,then extended home I have a case
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: also im in severe chronic pain everyday,i was working pt at the time of the incident jan,12 2015 ,have spoken with 2 different law firms with no results, im here in Austin, which ive been told there is noway to sue for pain and suffering ,and since ther r no instruments ,in which there should have been,it would be a waste of time..
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: hello are you there?
JA: No. I'm the Lawyer's Assistant.
Customer: I did file a complaint with texas medical board,they stated that they did not find him negligant
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 18 days ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.

With the procedure that you had, you more than likely signed a consent form that informed you of the risks of the procedure and the non-liability of the doctor performing the procedure. Unless the doctor did something out of the ordinary you would not have a claim against the doctor for medical malpractice. This is probably why you are not having any luck getting any law firm to represent you in the case. Also and more importantly, this is the reason why the medical board has the doctor not negligent. What happened to you unfortunately is one of the risks of having the procedure, which you signed the consent for acknowledging and accepting the risk without holding the doctor liable.

I am sorry that I do not have better news for you.