Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

Me and my husband were both charged domestic battery

Customer Question

me and my husband were both charged domestic battery misdemeanor i was drunk said he chocked me and punched me but he didnt also we went to jail 1 night seen magistrate let us go home together cause no family where we live if they thought we were a threat to each other would they have let us go home together big question on papers we got when released sai i was the victim and the defendent also same on husbands can this be dissmissed cause wrong info and how do i present that
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: west virginia
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: dont understand
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: yes we go to court friday
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 5 months ago.

I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now. Are you online at this time?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
talk on line
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
waiting for answer
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 5 months ago.

No problem. Give me a few minutes to type one for you.

Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 5 months ago.

This is what we call a cross-complaint. That is, the police couldn't be sure who did what to whom first, so they arrested and charged both of you. That makes each of you a complainant against the other, and each of you a defendant.

You both should have lawyers to get this matter handled quickly, but if there were no injuries here and since you were both drunk, if each of you wanted to drop the charges against the other, under these circumstances, the prosecutor and the judge may agree to let you do so.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
you dont understand i was drunk not my husband when he went to call our pastor i went to grab phone and lost my balance and grabed his beared and hair bleed fomm head then i ghabed phone didnt knew i did this till he told me i said he chocked me and hit eye i was drunk he tryed to calm me down and only put his hands on shoulder and then i fell and hit cornor of eye pictures were taken
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 5 months ago.

I understood that you said the facts were wrong, but I thought you said that you were both arrested. Was that not so?

Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 5 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.