Maverick, Attorney
Experience:  20 years experience as a civil trial and appellate lawyer

My company contracted 12 room at a hotel in Fredericksburg,

Customer Question

my company contracted 12 room at a hotel in Fredericksburg, Va. for five weeks, according to Virginia Law after one month we fall into the residency category which make all tax money paid come back to my company. the hotel refuse to return our tax money. Can your company assist in this matter ? Nathan Edwards, CEO Advantage Diversified Products Inc.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Expert:  Maverick replied 21 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer! My name is***** give me a few minutes to review, analyze and/or research your inquiry and I will be back.

Expert:  Maverick replied 21 days ago.

We are not permitted to represent JA's customers; however you should contact a business litigation lawyer in Fredericksburg to file what is known as a declaratory judgment action whereby you ask for a court order mandating that the hotel refund the tax money based on the law you referenced.

Here is the law.

Here is a sample complaint to use as a go-by.

Please Note: (1) Just Answer’s site disclaimers apply to all levels of service; (2) Most follow-up questions are answered with in the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours; and (3) If we are done, please assign a feedback rating so Just Answer will compensate me for your question. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** very helpful.
Expert:  Maverick replied 13 days ago.

You are welcome...