How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Loren Your Own Question
Loren, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 32566
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Loren is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Thank you, I work for Caddo Parish School Board in

Customer Question

Thank you,
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I work for Caddo Parish School Board in Shreveport, Louisiana
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: They want us to sign a "Recoupment of Overpayments" so if and when payroll makes a mistake in overpaying us, they can recoupe their money once they find the mistake. Do I have to sign this?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Loren replied 8 months ago.

Good afternoon. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and i look forward to answering your question.

You are not required to sign anything, but if your employment is at-will then you can be terminated for not cooperating (i.e. not signing).

Additionally, you are liable anyway for repaying an overpayment. Though, they would have to sue you if you refused to repay an overpayment.