Albert Marmero
Albert Marmero,
Experience:  Partner at Long, Marmero, & Associates, LLP
93452170

II was involved in an accident on 6/24/2015, a lawyer who

Customer Question

iI was involved in an accident on 6/24/2015, a lawyer who seem to be nothing. Is there anyway to fire the present lawyer and get better legal counsleing. Thank you WAP
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location. Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Avon, Ohio
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The accident was a Head-on collision, I was not a fault I was in the hospital 3 days. I have a severe whip-lash and other problems. WAP
Expert:  Albert Marmero replied 4 months ago.

Absolutely! Under our system of law, the client can fire the attorney at any time and choose a different attorney. So, if you want a new attorney, simply send your current attorney an email or letter letting him know you are relieving him of his duties and instruct him to forward all materials to your new attorney.

However, before you do this, make sure you review the retainer agreement you signed with the current attorney. Personal injury attorneys on car accident cases often require no payment from the client and only get paid if, and when, the client receives a settlement. Under that arrangement, an attorney who is fired would never be paid. So many times the retainer agreement will state that if you fire him, you must pay for the services he has rendered so far.

I hope this is helpful. Please provide a rating so I receive credit for promptly responding to you. After rating, feel free to ask follow up questions. Thanks!