Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

If a merchant is using a State funded sidewalk to display

Customer Question

If a merchant is using a State funded sidewalk to display his merchandise making it hard for people with disabilities, strollers, walking dogs or children getting off the bus and causing said residents to walk in a busy state highway to go by this business against the disabilities act? Also said business is blocking ends of cross walks with vehicles (theirs and customers) and loading and unloading used merchandise so that residents can not get onto said sidewalk against the disabilities act?
Thank you for your input into this matter. The local police department has informed me that they have never heard of the disability act and that is probably is a zoning issue. ???
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is Alex.
Thank you for your question.
I will be happy to provide you with information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Is this merchant properly licensed to conduct his business at the location where this business is?

What type of business is it? Is it a stand, kiosk? etc..?

Please provide me with more details about the situation.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It is a "Junk Shop" building and he is using the State funded side walk to show goods causing myself who has MS and others to walk among his goods or into the busy State road to get by both the front and side of his building.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I don't want to spend anymore money on this issue so if you can't answer then I am finished.

Thank you for your follow up.

Please be patient, as I cannot always respond right away to every customer's post.

Can you please let me know if you are still looking for an answer or not?

Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No- I have taken other steps in the town to take care of my issue. I can not pay you anymore money for this problem. I am retired and live on a budget and I am disabled. Thank you for your time.