Richard, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with 29 years of experience.

Put deposit down on siding 3 thousand dollars with feldco on

Customer Question

Put deposit down on siding 3 thousand dollars with feldco on June 14 2016 said we would like it done in October we agreed on October 17 2016 they called said they had a opening Monday the 10 told them my wife and I took off week of the 17 of oct from work to be home now they said if jobs not done by the 14 of October we loose our deposit because financing is backing out after the 14 no where in our contract does it have limits on when completed is this true can they keep our deposit ? Please help
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Expert:  Richard replied 20 days ago.

Hi! My name is Richard & I will be helping you today! It will take me a few minutes to type a response to your question. Thanks for your patience!

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Richard replied 20 days ago.

Timothy, it is definitely not true. They don't get to make up the law to suit themselves. What you want to do is raise the stakes on them. Notify them of the history and their failure to perform pursuant to your agreement on October 17, and demand they do the install on October 17 as promised or refund all your money. Inform them that if they do not comply with your demand, you will have no choice but to file a suit for your damages. BUT, be sure to specifically mention that if forced to file this suit, you will be filing this claim not only as a breach of contract case, but also as fraud and deceptive trade practice causes of action, which will entitle you not only to your damages, but also an additional amount equal to multiple times your actual damages as punitive damages. That should provide plenty of incentive to comply with your demands; but, if it does not, file your suit. Even if you have to file the suit, that's likely all you will need do. In my experience, they will resolve this to your satisfaction rather than risk punitive damages and the fraud and/or deceptive trade practice judgments being on the record.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as Good or Excellent (hopefully Excellent). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!

Expert:  Richard replied 20 days ago.

I will be happy to discuss this with you further by phone pursuant to your request, but when I tried to accept, I received the following message: "Payment for this service failed, please do not fulfill yet. We will attempt to reach this customer to fix the situation."

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Rich thank you so much your on my speed dial !!!
Expert:  Richard replied 20 days ago.

You're very welcome! It's been my honor and privilege to help you with this. If I can help you in any way in the future, I'll be happy to help. For easy access, my bookmark is: . Or, simply request “Richard only” in the first line of your question.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
You where excelant thank you
Expert:  Richard replied 20 days ago.

My pleasure to help! Thanks for the kind words!