Chris T., JD
Chris T., JD, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced in both state and federal court.

The situation, our 501c3 organization has 2 members in good

Customer Question

The situation, our 501c3 organization has 2 members in good standing that have a restraining order against an individual that recently joined our club. Any thoughts?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Washington State.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No, we just realized the problem.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, just a basic opinion.
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Expert:  Chris T., JD replied 19 days ago.

Hello. I'll be happy to assist you.

Do you know if it's a restraining order or a domestic violence protective order?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Restraining order. The 2 members in this situation are involved with another non-profit and are being harassed by the individual in question.

OK. The people against whom the order was issued have an obligation to stay away from where the other people may be. If they don't, they are in violation of the order and could be arrested or held in contempt of court.

Expert:  Chris T., JD replied 18 days ago.

Do you have any questions? If so, please feel free to ask. One of the primary features of the chat format is that you may ask as many questions as you'd like until you are satisfied with the answer. If you don't have any questions, please remember to "Rate" my answer before you go.