Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992

I got a business card left at my door by a process server.

Customer Question

I got a business card left at my door by a process server. Does the IRS use them for inquires?
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Well?
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I'm not sure. I once had a customer I did payroll for. Some of the deposits were not used correctly. I did an audit of my account and the customer's account and it revealed that I owed them back money. In the meantime the customer is undergoing an audit by the IRS.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no that's the jest of it.
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 18 days ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 18 days ago.

Not for inquiries. They usually don't use private process servers for anything, even for lawsuits.

Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 18 days ago.

If they left a card it is almost 100% that you are being sued or someone else is being sued and they made a mistake and came to your house.

Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 18 days ago.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work. Of course, please feel free to ask any follow up questions in this thread. I want to be sure that all of your questions are answered.