Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

I am not sure how much information you can share....I will

Customer Question

Hello. I am not sure how much information you can share....I will ask hypothetically and maybe that will help. suppose a young wife decided she just does not wanna be married the young husband leaves the home. She packed his things for him and promptly changes the locks...on a house with his name on it. This will take awhile, so bear with me. He just wants her to be happy, so they decide to use the same lawyer. She write a separation agreement within 2 weeks time; it is signed but the lawyer was rushed to get back to court so the papers were not signed properly. The paperwork was never completed. Supposedly, all the young man needed to do was sign away his rights to this home and he would be free of it...not true. There is a fee for removing his name from the deed for which he gave her half. This paperwork has never been completed. A deal was made for her to buy the appliances in the home; she has not made a payment. Young man feels sorry for her and will not turn off electric, gas and water even though they are in his name. She still has NOT put her name on the bills. New circumstances come to surface when she decided to break up with her boyfriend she lied and said she did not have. Well, it has been 6 months and she still has not done anything....including file for divorce. She is not moving in with boyfriend number 3 and wants to rent out the house. All this to ask, can she does this? Young man has moved to another city, also.
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 20 days ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 20 days ago.

There's a lot of stuff there. Can she do what, specifically?