Karen
Karen, Lawyer
Experience:  Owner and Principal Attorney
96336861

I am having issues with a document from UNUM regarding my

Customer Question

I am having issues with a document from UNUM regarding my payments I am receiving for Medical Disability. They sent payments to me and according to them they overpaid me $4000. That reduced my income by $500 per month. Now they have reduced it again because I am receiving SS of $1253. The document they sent me for my signature takes away all of my rights.
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Texas
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Not filed that I know of.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I can attach the document if needed.
Expert:  Karen replied 2 months ago.

Dear Customer,

I am familiar with UNUM. If you have been overpaid, UNUM may be able to recoup the overpayment by deducting money from future payments. They may also be able to offset your payments by any money that you receive from Social Security. Please attach a copy of the letter that you received from UNUM. This will allow me to review the letter and provide a more detailed response. Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have attached my document. My concern is the wording as if they could take everything at any time especially if I am able to go off disability.
Thanks,
Darla Duffield
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am going through some physical problems right now. I will be having these issues until at least next Wednesday. I am sorry for the delay.
Thank you,
Darla Duffield