Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law

My boss and her daughter were at home sitting at the dinning

Customer Question

My boss and her daughter were at home sitting at the dinning room table and a gentleman who was doing patch work on the ceiling inside ask her daughter if she was going to a friends funeral. She like youir kidding me right and then he proceeds to tell them how I sat at my dining room table and watch my friend sit there and die. Well my boss had had enough told him to get the &*^% out of her house and to never to return.
Now on the 19th of Sept. I had a very good family friend stop over because he'd been drinking and whatever else he does and we sat and played cards,dice,etc. Well anyhow went to bed and 3-4hrs later my roommate came into my room saying he couldn't wake Harold. I got up tried to wake him and he wouldn't. I wigged and found my phone and three times tried to call 911 and my phone which is the qlink phone I had a question about earlier.
Is that not slander? He wasn't there. Had no connection to the family. He's just a friends boyfriend. They say they're married because they benn together for ten yrs. IN doesn't have common law marriage so all the documents he signed for her house acting as her husband was fraud
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 20 days ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

I am sorry, but what is your legal question about this issue? How is it slander? Is there a loss from such statement?
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
I was let go and they hired someone else to run the company office. Him telling them that I did watch him,sickening I know harold pass and die and did nothing. His brother barred me from funeral because now everyone is asking me and I'm like wtf
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
His daughter is now running around on what he's saying repeating it. But he said that in front of my boss. Hello. Boss lost my job
Thank you for your reply.

If he is telling people you DID something that he knows you did not do, then yes, that is slander and grounds to pursue suit against them for the damage that these false statements have caused you to suffer. So you have the rights to file suit against them for known false statements about you and even the boss who lost his job could sue if they lost their job based on these known false statements.